Ms. Dixon has made her life in Wilmington as a community and business leader. If elected to City Council, Rysheema will focus on the following three platforms:
Our people face challenges of poverty every day, including lack of healthy food options, safe spaces, and drug/alcohol addiction.
- strenthen relationships between service providers and residents to heighten awareness and increase utilization.
- increase collaboration among healthcare systems to work together beyond medicine.
Too many of our young people and adults are being killed in our streets. We have to work together to make a change.
Ms. Dixon’s platform includes:
- working with the police department and residents to increase diversity and the number of local officers on the force.
- building ongoing communication and accountability between police and residents through more positive neighborhood interactions.
We need to retain and attract more businesses to Wilmington and encourage entrepreneurship and innovation.
- establishing community benefit agreements with businesses, non-profits, and the public sector to hire local and make a contribution to the city.
- supporting labor union projects such as the port expansion to increase job opportunities.